Flight Date: 12 September, 2020
Price: Competitive with current commercial rates; final prices to be confirmed, based on demand.
Expected price ranges: £2,300-£2,800 (Economy); £2,500-£3,000 (Premium Econ); £3,800-£4,300 (Business)
Preliminary flight details are as follows:
- Date: 12-Sep-20
- Route: LHR-PVG
- Departure time: 15:15
- Arrival time: 09:25 +1
- Flight duration: 11h10m
Please register the passengers' details by Wednesday 26 August, 2020 (before midnight China time).
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to sign up for the charter flight?
- All British citizens, or citizens of other nations, who have a valid re-entry visa for China supported by an Invitation Letter (PU/TE) if required. Individuals currently in the process of applying for an invitation letter and/or visa can also register their interest, but must be confident of having all required documentation in place prior to the flight date.
- The flight is not limited to employees of BCCC member companies, so please forward this notice to any companies or individuals who may need this support.
Documentation for entry to China
- It is the responsibility of the passenger and/or their employer to ensure that they understand and meet any requirements for an invitation letter (PU letter), Foreigner's Residence Permit, visa, nucleic acid test results or any other paperwork needed to enter China. The British Chamber of Commerce cannot advise on requirements for individuals.
- The following statements from the Chinese Embassy in the UK may be of use, but you must follow any advice at your own discretion. Please seek the latest guidance issued by the Chinese authorities.
o Updated requirements for Chinese Visa Applications (posted on the 15th of August)
o Notice on Airline Boarding Requirement for Certificate of Negative Result of Nucleic Acid Tests for COVID-19 (posted on the 14th of August)
- If the flight does not proceed because the minimum of 120 passengers is not met, any deposit paid will be refunded in full.
- If the flight is cancelled for any reason that is out of control of passengers, such as a flight permit not being granted, cancellation of the flight by the Chinese authorities, or changes in coronavirus restrictions, all ticket payments (including deposits) will be refunded in full.
- If a passenger is unable to travel because their visa application is refused or because their visa is cancelled, any ticket payment (including the deposit) will be refunded in full. If a passenger is unable to travel because a visa has not been granted due to inadequate availability of time between the date of submission of a visa application and the flight date, the deposit will not be refunded.
- If a passenger is unable to travel because their nucleic acid test returns a positive result, any ticket payment (including the deposit) will be refunded in full. If a passenger is unable to travel because they have left insufficient time to gain a nucleic acid test result, or because their nucleic acid test result is time-expired on the flight date, the deposit will not be refunded.
- Coordination of this charter flight option is being managed by Hampton Group and operated by the airline. All monies are payable directly to Hampton Group. BCCC is facilitating the charter flight by communications through its established routes and mailing lists. BCCC has no part in the operation of the charter flight and the ability of passengers to re-enter and remain in China through use of the charter flight. It therefore takes no responsibility for any losses or costs incurred in connection with it.
- This charter flight option is being organised by Hampton Group and they assume all responsibility for all aspects of this flight and for coordination with flight passengers.
- BCCC, Hampton Group and the airline bear no responsibility for missed flights, missed connections or any consequential damages.
- It is the responsibility of the passenger and/or their employer to ensure that all documentation required for entry into China is available before the flight date and that suitable travel insurance is in place.
- It is the responsibility of the passenger and/or their employer for all arrangements following disembarkation from the flight at Shanghai Pudong airport. This includes all requirements or arrangements for quarantine, post-arrival nucleic acid testing and onward travel to the final destination.
- A minimum of 120 passengers are required in order to proceed with the charter flight. If this minimum is not met, the charter flight will not proceed. All who have a serious interest in the flight and meet the basic requirements (stated above) should register with the required information as soon as possible.
- Every effort is being made to apply for and secure the charter flight. There can be no guarantee that this will be successful or that, even if approval is obtained for the charter flight, that the flight will not be cancelled or be subject to delay for any reason, including changes in policy or coronavirus restrictions.
After reviewing the FAQs, if you have any further questions on this charter flight, please contact this dedicated email address at Hampton Group: email@example.com (Newland Alliance is a travel business that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hampton Group).
Click here to read full charter flight arrangement and process.